Fresh Ideas for Fall Décor
Friday Oct 01st, 2021
Maybe your local supermarket is already fresh out of pumpkins, or maybe you’re just looking for something a little less predictable to transition your home into the holiday season… If so, here are fifteen simple and modern ideas to inspire your fall décor.
- Swap out the usual pumpkins for squash. Carve them, hollow them out and put floral arrangements in them, or, group together a few different varieties for an interesting grouping - indoors, or, outdoors.
- Wheat or pampas grass. Beautiful as a wreath, solo in a vase, or, as part of a floral arrangement.
- Fall colours combined with pops of an unexpected hue. Pick a vibrant colour that brings you joy. Maybe bright pink or royal blue?
- Antlers. Au natural, or, faux antlers painted in your favourite colour are lovely seasonal wall or table décor.
- Woven elements. Rattan, wicker, or cane objects are a great way to bring a natural touch to your space without having to go and forage for branches.
- Copper, brass and gold. Warm metallics are perfect for adding sparkle and warmth!
- Layered textiles & patterns. Layered rugs and window treatments can give your space an extra cozy feeling.
- Terra cotta. Dishware or decorative items in terra cotta add fall colour feels in an understated way.
- White on white. Or, better yet, off white. Try white pumpkins, white flowers, and white candles together for an ethereal vibe.
- Moody florals. Think plum, burgundy, or wine coloured blooms.
- Golden leaves. Catch them just as they turn that lovely golden amber colour, maybe even with a hint of green left, for a change from the usual oranges and reds.
- Greenery garlands. Garlands give a special feeling of celebration. Avoid getting “Christmas-ey” too early though, by using lighter, leafier greens such as eucalyptus or boxwood.
- Clear lacquered tree stumps. Great for extra seating or as accent tables.
- A crocheted or knit table runner. Tables can be cozy too!
- Twinkle lights in berry branches. When candles aren’t an option, twinkle lights are the next best thing. Switch them on and forget about them!
written by: Monique St. Cyr for MeroSellsHomes
Post a comment